Super Eagles striker Isaac Success has not been listed in Watford 18-man matchday squad for the visit of Everton to Vicarage Road.
The 23-year-old has failed to make the necessary recovery from the hamstring problem that kept him out of Brighton & Hove Albion match last weekend.
Watford coach Javi Gracia confirmed this during his pre-match press conference alongside the absence Watford highest goal scorer Roberto Pereyra and defender Sebastian Prödl.
“He needs more time to recover.” Gracia said about Pereyra.
“In a couple of days we’ll see if he will be ready.
“It is always important not to lose one player like Roberto, but you know I don’t like to complain about players I don’t have. I prefer to focus on players I have available.
“Sebastian Prödl is recovering as well along with Isaac Success. He’s not ready yet. Roberto, Isaac and Sebastian are out this weekend.”
Gracia also confirmed that French midfielder Abdoulaye Doucouré and Spaniard Kiko Femenía are back to full training and are available for selection.
“We have two players, in Kiko and Doucouré, who have both been injured the last week,” Garcia said
“but they started training this week and both have possibilities to play.”
Watford played out a 0-0 draw away to Brighton last weekend and will be looking to secure all three points as the host Everton on Saturday.